Online ADA Service Dog Registration with ID Card
My Service Animal offers you to register your dog and get a service dog ID card for your pet in the United States, as well as other accessories that may be needed (e.g., harness or tag). Those are important for every service dog owner to show that the animal is currently working and cannot be disturbed.
We offer you not only an ID card that confirms the status of your dog as a trained service animal, but also the possibility to check it online. This option is completely free when buying the ID card and gives you an opportunity to prove the pet’s status on our website.
What is the main task of a Service Dog?
Service dogs are animals trained to help people with specific disabilities perform everyday tasks and live their routines normally. Even though service dogs are raised for their “profession” since they are puppies, some dog owners choose to teach their pets to perform all crucial tasks and become not only their best friends but also little helpers.
A service dog can do an impressive variety of activities for their handlers, starting from informing about high blood sugar and ending with helping blind people to move around. Moreover, the dog can be of any breed, too; the main requirement for it is to be patient, well-behaved, and good-natured. And, of course, a service animal should be loyal to its owner and be ready to protect and support them at any time.
It is essential to register service animals online to make sure no problems will occur during traveling, visiting public places, or just walking in crowded areas with them. The thing is, people are not quite used to the fact that dogs can work, too, so unpleasant situations can sometimes happen. And if there is an ID card that can prove the dog’s status, justice will always be on the side of a person with a disability.
What information is needed for a Service Dog ID card?
According to the ADA, you do not need proof that your dog is indeed a service dog; however, a lot of dog owners choose to carry ID cards, tags, harnesses, and other accessories on them. In this way, there are fewer misunderstandings and questions from people in public places.
So, what information is required during the registration process?
- Your dog’s name;
- Dog’s breed;
- Name of handler/owner;
- Street address;
- City, State;
- You сan also add a photo of your dog.
After the order is confirmed and all needed data is indicated, the customer will receive a service dog ID card to their address in 1-3 days. It is also recommended to have the United States Federal Law, and a phone number for the Department of Justice together with the card in case people won’t believe you or would be rude to you and your dog.
Please note that misrepresenting your dog as a service dog if it is not one is fraud and considered an illegal action. That is why it is important always to carry a service dog ID card to avoid misunderstandings and possible troubles.
Why a Service Dog ID card is important?
ID cards for service animals give a lot of privileges both for animals and their handlers. What are those benefits? Well, let’s discuss in more details:
- Traveling becomes much easier with ID cards. Service dogs often get confused with regular pets. That can lead to misunderstandings in public places and establishments where pets are forbidden. However, a service dog is not a pet, it is a working animal. So, an ID card can prove it to those who have doubts about it;
- It gives you access to various locations. Sometimes, employees may have some questions about a service dog. They may not let you in or ask to leave. That’s where ID cards become very useful. Thanks to them, you can freely enter restaurants, movie theatres, hospitals, mall centers, buffets, etc.;
- By demonstrating the ID card, you educate the public on the topic of service animals. No one has the right to pressure you on telling about your service animal and specific tasks it can perform. However, if you are comfortable with that, you may tell people in public places why exactly you are allowed with your dog. You may also tell more about the rights of this type of animal. It will be helpful in normalizing service animals in everyday life routine;
- The dog’s ID can be digitally accessible on your phone. You do not have always carry it around with you. The service dog registration number is added to our database, so you do not have to worry if you forgot the physical copy of the card. Moreover, if you are traveling, hotels or airports may ask you to show proof of your dog’s status. And you may easily send a link to the database with the registration number indicated there.
If you want to register your pet, make the order on the website now. We are always ready to help!
How to perform Service Dog Registration with ID card at My Service Animal?
Service animal registration is not really a complicated process; however, if you decide to do it offline, it can take much more time than it would take online. All documents, different organizations you should visit, and numerous other nuances can make this procedure unbearable, and that’s why so many people prefer to register service animals online.
In case you chose My Service Animal to register your dog and receive an ID card on top of that, welcome! We are here to provide you with the best customer experience on the Internet!
So, what do you need in order to complete a service dog registration? Here are three essential steps:
- Make sure you have a letter of recommendation from your doctor (sometimes it can be required in the handler’s information);
- Fill in all important info about the animal (breed, size, age, and so on);
- Complete and send the registration form on our website.
That’s it, you did a great job! And in case you have trouble doing it on your own, no worries, our customer support team is always here to help you with anything!
It is also possible to buy service dog ID cards online separately; they are available for purchase on our website. By the way, other important accessories for service animals are available for purchase here, too, such as leashes, vests, tags, and many others. Those can vary in size and type based on the dog breed, so this nuance should always be discussed with one of our sales representatives.
In case you would like to get in touch for service dog registration with ID card, you can do it via email at [email protected]. Stay safe!