Service dog id card
My Service Animal offers you to register your dog and get a service dog ID card for your pet in the United States, as well as other accessories that may be needed (e.g., harness or tag). Those are important for every service dog owner to show that the animal is currently working and cannot be disturbed.
We offer you not only an ID card that confirms the status of your dog as a trained service animal but also the possibility to check it online. This option is completely free when buying the ID card and gives you an opportunity to prove the pet’s status on our website.
What information is needed for a service dog ID card?
According to the ADA, you do not need proof that your dog is indeed a service dog; however, a lot of dog owners choose to carry ID cards, tags, harnesses, and other accessories on them. In this way, there are fewer misunderstandings and questions from people in public places.
So, what information is required during the registration process?
- Your dog’s name;
- Dog’s breed;
- Name of handler/owner;
- Street address;
- City, State;
- You сan also add a photo of your dog.
After the order is confirmed and all needed data is indicated, the customer will receive a service dog ID card to their address in 1-3 days. It is also recommended to have the United States Federal Law, and a phone number for the Department of Justice together with the card in case people won’t believe you or would be rude to you and your dog.
Register and get a dog ID card for your emotional support animal (ESA) and therapy dogs
Therapy animals, as well as ESAs, should always be registered due to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations. They are not the same as service dogs, and their ID cards are always required at public establishments.
Please note that misrepresenting your dog as a service dog if it is not one is fraud and considered an illegal action. That is why it is important always to carry a service dog ID card to avoid misunderstandings and possible troubles. Visit the page “Emotional support animals” to read more information on this topic.
Why a service dog ID card is important?
ID cards for service animals give a lot of privileges both for animals and their handlers. What are those benefits? Well, let’s discuss in more details:
- Traveling becomes much easier with ID cards. Service dogs often get confused with regular pets. That can lead to misunderstandings in public places and establishments where pets are forbidden. However, a service dog is not a pet, it is a working animal. So, an ID card can prove it to those who have doubts about it;
- It gives you access to various locations. Sometimes, employees may have some questions about a service dog. They may not let you in or ask to leave. That’s where ID cards become very useful. Thanks to them, you can freely enter restaurants, movie theatres, hospitals, mall centers, buffets, etc.;
- By demonstrating the ID card, you educate the public on the topic of service animals. No one has the right to pressure you on telling about your service animal and specific tasks it can perform. However, if you are comfortable with that, you may tell people in public places why exactly you are allowed with your dog. You may also tell more about the rights of this type of animal. It will be helpful in normalizing service animals in everyday life routine;
- The dog’s ID can be digitally accessible on your phone. You do not have always carry it around with you. The service dog registration number is added to our database, so you do not have to worry if you forgot the physical copy of the card. Moreover, if you are traveling, hotels or airports may ask you to show proof of your dog’s status. And you may easily send a link to the database with the registration number indicated there.
If you want to register your pet, make the order on the website now. We are always ready to help!