Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Database Registration involves adding a support animal to a recognized database, providing easy accessibility for recognition of the animal as an assistant animal. This registration can be used to demonstrate the animal’s status in situations where its presence is questioned or denied. With lifetime validity, the registration includes all relevant information about the animal and can be accessed conveniently from a phone.
Our ESA Database Registration is an online registration service that provides on-page verification for your support pet.
Please note that it is not a physical product. If you require, you can order a physical Emotional Support Animal registration with an ID card.
What does Emotional Support Animal database registration look like?
After successfully database registering your assistant animal, you will have a unique registration number in the MSA format -0000001. You can conveniently access and view the digital ID using only the registration number on our website at https://myserviceanimal.org/id-confirmation/. This ensures easy verification and added convenience for both you and others who may need to confirm your pet’s assistant status. Please find the ESA digital ID sample below.
Registration can be completed online only. If you have a valid registration with MyServiceAnimal you can always reorder a physical ID card here, and you don’t need to order a bundle with registration plus an ID card. Thus, if you need to urgently and cheaply register your animal, it is very convenient to take registration in the database, and then, if necessary, you can also buy a physical ID and other documents or accessories.
What benefits will you enjoy after registering your pet in an ESA database?
- Legal rights to live in “no pets” policy housing. Housings with “no pet” policies cannot kick you out just because you are with your database-registered ESA. This rule includes hotels, hostels, rented apartments, and any other type of accommodation. A landlord cannot charge you extra because you are staying with a pet, as well as they cannot tell you to pay more for cleaning services. The only situation acceptable is if your animal damaged something and you should pay for it;
- Greater public recognition: Registering your pet is legitimate and helps others understand its purpose in supporting your emotional well-being. This can lead to fewer questions or issues when out in public with your ESA, as people will recognize its role in your life. Furthermore, the law supports your right to have an ESA, making your day-to-day experiences more comfortable and manageable.
- Lifetime validity of ESA database registration: registration and ID cards have no expiration date, making them valid for the pet’s lifetime. This ensures that you won’t need to renew or replace the ID card, providing peace of mind and convenience throughout your pet’s life as a support pet.
Who is eligible for an ESA?
First and foremost, it’s important to understand that any pet can be an emotional support animal. Their primary role is to provide comfort and companionship to their owner. You can register various animals, including cats, dogs, and even lizards, allowing them to receive an Emotional Support Dog, Emotional Support Cat, or other ESA status and ID card.
ESA can be beneficial to individuals experiencing a range of mental health issues, such as:
- Depression and anxiety
- Certain learning disabilities
- Chronic stress
- Attention deficit disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- And more
To register your pet online and obtain an ESA ID card, you must have a doctor’s letter of recommendation that includes your specific diagnosis. Please check our article on who can qualify for emotional support registration.
What are ESA letters and what should they contain?
A doctor’s letter is a written recommendation from a licensed therapist or mental health professional, confirming that you require an emotional support dog or animal due to mental health concerns. This letter is necessary when traveling with your pet, living in rented housing (in accordance with the Fair Housing Act), and registering or obtaining an ID card or ESA certificate.
An emotional support animal letter should include the following elements:
- It must be written on the letterhead of a licensed mental health professional.
- The letter should confirm that you have a disability and require emotional support.
- It should include a recommendation for a companion animal to help manage the symptoms of your mental illness or challenges.
- The mental health professional’s license number must be included.
- The letter should contain the doctor’s signature and the date.
If you’re uncertain about your eligibility consult with a mental health professional or find more in the article How Doctor’s ESA letters look like.
Why is an ID card more convenient than carrying a doctor’s letter?
- Clear identification: The ID card readily identifies your pet as an emotional support animal, offering clarity in situations where the animal’s role might not be immediately apparent.
- Increased recognition: An ESA ID card ensures landlords and other relevant parties acknowledge your pet’s status, helping to secure accommodations required by law.
- Minimized misunderstandings: The ID card can mitigate potential confrontations by clearly indicating your pet’s status and its protection under applicable laws and regulations.
- Expanded accessibility: An ID card assists in gaining access to housing and transportation options that might otherwise impose restrictions on pets.
- Greater peace of mind: The ID card offers reassurance and confidence, knowing your support animal is properly identified and safeguarded by relevant legal protections.
A crucial feature of registering your emotional support animal with us is that it includes not just a physical ID card, but also online registration in our database. You can conveniently access and view the digital ID card using only the registration number on our website at https://myserviceanimal.org/id-confirmation/. This ensures easy verification and added convenience for both you and others who may need to confirm your pet’s assistant status.
How to register an ESA at My Service Animal?
- Provide the required information about the owner (you can choose up to 2 handlers) and pet information: name, type, and breed.
- Optionally, attach an animal photo. We recommend taking the photo at your pet’s height. If you have difficulty with this step, you can email the photo to us after placing your order.
- Fill out the form and proceed with payment using a Debit/Credit card or PayPal. Afterward, you’ll receive a link to your pet’s digital card.
We suggest saving your pet verification page in your bookmarks. Congratulations, your support animal is now registered! If you need further assistance, our managers are always available to ensure the best customer experience.
Essential ESA database registration Bundle
In most cases, a doctor’s letter of recommendation is sufficient for registering your pet as an ESA, but in certain situations such as requesting housing accommodations, additional documentation may be required. Fortunately, we offer the necessary documentation to provide convenience and peace of mind.
- ESA Certificate – A non-mandatory document verifying that a qualified mental health professional prescribed the animal as an ESA.
- Housing Reasonable Accommodation Request – A letter to your landlord explaining your need for a cost-free accommodation for your support animal in your residence.
Take your emotional support animal’s recognition to the next level and avoid unwanted attention with our range of ESA accessories. With our accessories, you can also increase control over your pet in public spaces, making outings less stressful for both you and your furry companion. Browse our shop for a variety of accessories for your assistant pet:
- Support Animals Vests
- Support Animal Leashes
- Support Animals Collars
- Support Animal Bandanas
- Metal Tags
Displaying your pet’s ESA status in public raises awareness and ensures you and your pet are not disturbed. It also helps avoid uncomfortable situations in establishments by making it clear that you and your pet must not be separated or denied entry.
If you want to register with a complete set of all available documents and accessories for your dog, consider our cost-effective Full Kit ESA Registration Bundle.