Service animal database registration involves adding a service animal to a recognized database, providing easy accessibility for recognition of the animal as an assistant animal. This registration can be used to demonstrate the animal’s status and training in situations where its presence is questioned or denied. With lifetime validity, the registration includes all relevant information about the animal and can be accessed conveniently from a phone.
Our Service Animal Database Registration is an online registration service that provides on-page verification for your service dog.
Please note that it is not a physical product. If you require, you can order a physical Service Dog Registration with an ID card.
What does Service Animal database registration look like?
After successfully database registering your assistant animal, you will have a unique registration number in the MSA format -0000001. You can conveniently access and view the digital ID using only the registration number on our website at https://myserviceanimal.org/id-confirmation/. This ensures easy verification and added convenience for both you and others who may need to confirm your pet’s assistant status. Please find the ADA digital ID sample below.
Registration can be completed online only, with a physical ID card or you can also order an ADA certificate. If you have a valid registration with MyServiceAnimal you can always reorder a physical ID card here, and you don’t need to order a bundle with registration plus an ID card. Thus, if you need to urgently and cheaply register your animal, it is very convenient to take registration in the database, and then, if necessary, you can also buy a physical ID and other documents or accessories.
What benefits will you enjoy after registering your pet in a Service Dog database?
- Legal rights to live in “no pets” policy housing;
- Hassle-free air travel;
- Greater public recognition;
- Ability to travel with your service dog in the cabin;
- Lifetime validity of ADA database registration.
How to register in a Service Animal database
ADA dogs are specially trained animals that assist people with specific disabilities in performing everyday tasks and maintaining their routines. Although some service dogs are raised from puppies to fulfill their profession, many pet owners choose to train their dogs to become their companions and helpers.
Service dogs are capable of performing a wide range of tasks for their handlers, from alerting them to high blood sugar levels to assisting visually impaired individuals with navigation. These dogs can come in any breed, as long as they are patient, well-behaved, and have a good-natured temperament. Most importantly, an ADA dog must be loyal to its owner and ready to provide protection and support whenever needed. The one thing you should remember is that all service animals are trained specifically for one’s disability. So if you would like to turn your dog into a service dog, you will need to complete a special training program. If you need to find a professional and licensed dog trainer, please check our list: Service Dog Training Company List.
To qualify as a service pet owner, an individual must obtain a specific note from a licensed mental health professional, commonly referred to as an ADA doctor’s letter. However, it’s important to note that online database registration is a separate process that does not require a licensed mental health professional’s letter to complete.
While registering your assistance animal is not mandatory to establish its official status or access associated benefits, having a doctor’s letter is crucial. The service dog database digital ID provides added convenience and streamlines the process of identifying your service dog or service mini horse, making it easier for you to navigate various public spaces and situations with your pet.
A service dog registration is not only for confirming your dog’s status as a working animal who helps you with a disability. It is also very helpful when traveling or living in rented housing. Some people demand proof of your dog’s status, as well as it may be needed when buying a ticket to a flight (if they know for sure you need assistance from a service dog, you won’t be separated from your dog; it will be able to sit near you or between your legs and the chair in front of you).
3 Easy steps of MyServiceAnimal’s ADA database registration:
- Provide the required information about the owner (you can choose up to 2 handlers) and pet information: name, type, and breed.
- Optionally, attach an animal photo. We recommend taking the photo at your pet’s height. If you have difficulty with this step, you can email the photo to us after placing your order.
- Fill out the form and proceed with payment using a Debit/Credit card or PayPal. Afterward, you’ll receive a link to your pet’s digital card.
We suggest saving your pet verification page in your bookmarks. Congratulations, your service animal is now registered! If you need further assistance, our managers are always available to ensure the best customer experience.
What are ADA Doctor’s letters and what should they contain?
A doctor’s letter is a written recommendation from a licensed therapist or mental health professional, confirming that you require a service dog or service mini horse due to mental health concerns. This letter is necessary when traveling with your animal, living in rented housing (in accordance with the Fair Housing Act), and registering or obtaining an ID card or ADA certificate.
A Service Dog letter should include the following elements:
- It must be written on the letterhead of a licensed mental health professional.
- The letter should confirm that you have a disability and require a service animal.
- It should include a recommendation for an ADA dog to help manage the symptoms of your mental illness or challenges.
- The mental health professional’s license number must be included.
- The ADA prescription letter should contain the doctor’s signature and the date.
Why is a digital database ID more convenient than carrying a doctor’s letter?
- Clear identification: The database registration digital ID readily identifies your pet as a service dog, offering clarity in situations where the animal’s role might not be immediately apparent.
- Increased recognition: An registered database status ensures landlords and other relevant parties acknowledge your animal’s status, helping to secure accommodations required by law.
- Minimized misunderstandings: it can mitigate potential confrontations by clearly indicating your pet’s status and its protection under applicable laws and regulations.
- Expanded accessibility: it assists in gaining access to housing and transportation options that might otherwise impose restrictions on pets.
- Greater peace of mind: digital ID offers reassurance and confidence, knowing your service animal is properly identified and safeguarded by relevant legal protections.
Essential ADA database registration bundle
In most cases, a doctor’s letter of recommendation is sufficient for registering your pet as an ADA, but in certain situations such as requesting housing accommodations, additional documentation may be required:
- ADA Certificate – A non-mandatory document verifying that a qualified mental health professional prescribed the animal as an ADA.
- Housing Reasonable Accommodation Request – A letter to your landlord explaining your need for a cost-free accommodation for your support animal in your residence.
- Air Department of Transportation Service Animal Form – is a document required by the US Department of Transportation for passengers traveling with service animals on airplanes.
Take your assistance animal’s recognition to the next level and avoid unwanted attention with our range of ADA accessories. With our accessories, you can also increase control over your pet in public spaces, making outings less stressful for both you and your furry companion. Browse our shop for a variety of accessories for your assistant pet:
Displaying your pet’s ADA status in public raises awareness and ensures you and your animal are not disturbed. It also helps avoid uncomfortable situations in establishments by making it clear that you and your pet must not be separated or denied entry.
If you want to register with a complete set of all available documents and accessories for your dog, consider our cost-effective Full Kit ADA Registration Bundle.